Compliance Monitoring Analyst – 2nd Line
Posted January 23, 2024.
The compliance department needs to provide a service that is fit to accommodate the growth of Multipass across multiple jurisdictions. The Compliance Monitoring Analyst – 2nd Line role is vital within the Compliance Department, which is key in ensuring the compliance programme is operating effectively and mitigating the risks identified in various risk assessments.
Reporting to the Compliance Monitoring Officer, you will be assisting in driving the 2nd line team’s role to proactively monitor a wide range of compliance activities as well as providing 2nd line support to the operational compliance teams. This role is varied and requires attention to detail and good report-writing skills in order to enable senior executives to be appraised of the effectiveness of the compliance programme.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing guidance and oversight to the first-line onboarding and transaction monitoring teams;
- Conducting a testing programme across areas of the business that are impacted by the compliance and AML programmes;
- Monitoring regulations to ensure changes are understood and implemented where required;
- Advising as to the compliance considerations relating to new products;
- Managing the business-wide training programme;
- Preparing and submitting internal and external SARs;
- Dealing with customer complaints in accordance with policy;
- Working closely with senior staff within the Compliance Department to enable enhancement of the Financial Crime programme;
- Liaising between onboarding analysts and sales. Maintain a strong relationship and provide guidance in relation to compliance criteria;
- Quality control - Sample testing of client accounts to ensure adherence to policy;
- Assisting the MLRO and Head of Financial Crime in optimising the AML programme.
We expect you to have:
- Demonstrated experience in a compliance monitoring position previously, preferably in an Electronic Money Institution or payments-regulated firm with a focus on Corporate Customers. Backgrounds in audit will also be considered;
- Understanding of the risks that are prevalent when dealing with various corporate entity structures within the deliverable FX and payments environment;
- Knowledge of how money flows between counterparties;
- Detailed understanding of the Money Laundering Directive and JMLSG;
- Ability to work closely with colleagues and provide constructive feedback on areas that have been identified as requiring remediation.
With us you will:
- Be a part of a top-tier team of professionals, work on global projects that reach millions worldwide, create complex one-of-a-kind in-house products and solutions;
- Get opportunities for professional development: learn new skills with online courses, broaden your network in local and international conferences, receive mentoring;
- Enjoy our learning-oriented culture: learn and exchange ideas in lectures and workshops led by your colleagues and team leaders;
- Have flexible working hours and plan your day - it's all about teamwork and performance;
- Get extra benefits for your health and well-being; we will fully cover your health insurance, organize well-being lectures and workshops to promote and support self-care and much more;
- Have fun at monthly internal activities and celebrations.